At Story 81, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that we’re not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. Below, we’ve provided some further information on when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
1. What do we do with your information?
We collect information from you when you browse our website, register on our website, place an order, enter a contest, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. We use this data:
- to communicate with you
- to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- to provide goods and services to you
- to make a tailored website available to you
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- to collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please see the 'Cookies' section below for more information.
2. Promotional communications
We use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you marketing emails from time to time. We aim to update you about products which are of interest and relevant to you. We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter and gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice here.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- changing marketing preferences via your Story 81 account on our website
- making use of the simple UNSUBSCRIBE link in our emails
- contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Web Advertising
If you visit our website, you may receive personalised advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any advertisements you see will relate to our website and/or products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
These advertisements are provided by us via market leading specialist providers using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other. You can remove or disable cookies at any time - see the 'Cookies' section below for more information.4. Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, payment processing, delivery and marketing service providers.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes. The term "third parties" does not include Story 81. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Log files- these track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” – these are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
- Google Analytics - we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
6. How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
7. How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
9. Online Policy Only
10. Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
11. Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
12. Your consent
13. Last updated
This policy was last modified on 3 May 2018.